Alkaa (begin, start in Finnish) is a to-do application project to study the latest components, architecture and tools for Android development. The project evolved a lot since the beginning is available on Google Play!
The current version of Alkaa was also completely migrate to Jetpack Compose!
Android tech stack
One of the main goals of Alkaa is too use all the latest libraries and tools available.
🧑🏻💻 Android development
- Application entirely written in Kotlin
- Complete migrated to Jetpack Compose
- Asynchronous processing using Coroutines
- Dynamic delivery for the Task Tracker feature
- Dependency injection with Koin
- Database using Room
For more dependencies used in project, please access the Dependency File
If you want to check the previous version of Alkaa, please take a look at the last V1 release
Alkaa architecture is strongly based on the Hexagonal Architecture by Alistair Cockburn. The application also relies heavily in modularization for better separation of concerns and encapsulation.
Let’s take a look in each major module of the application:
- app – The Application module. It contains all the initialization logic for the Android environment and starts the Jetpack Navigation Compose Graph.
- features – The module/folder containing all the features (visual or not) from the application
- domain – The modules containing the most important part of the application: the business logic. This module depends only on itself and all interaction it does is via dependency inversion.
- data – The module containing the data (local, remote, light etc) from the app
This type of architecture protects the most important modules in the app. To achieve this, all the dependency points to the center, and the modules are organized in a way that the more the module is in the center, more important it is.
To better represents the idea behind the modules, here is a architecture image representing the flow of dependency:
Copyright 2018 Igor Escodro Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.