Android Project 1 – Wordle
Submitted by: Matteo Saputo
This is an android app that recreates a simple version of the popular word game Wordle.
Time spent: 6 hours spent in total
The following required functionality is completed:
- User has 3 chances to guess a random 4 letter word
- After 3 guesses, user should no longer be able to submit another guess
- After each guess, user sees the “correctness” of the guess
- After all guesses are taken, user can see the target word displayed
The following optional features are implemented:
- User can toggle betweeen different word lists
- User can see the ‘correctness’ of their guess through colors on the word
- User sees a visual change after guessing the correct word
- User can tap a ‘Reset’ button to get a new word and clear previous guesses
- User will get an error message if they input an invalid guess
- User can see a ‘streak’ record of how many words they’ve guessed correctly.
Here’s a walkthrough of implemented user stories:
GIF created with LICEcap
This project utilizes the EditText view to gather a 4 letter input from the user, using the input to simulate the game of Wordle. The user’s guesses gets displayed to a TexView by the click of the Sumbit Button, along with a 4 character string made of ‘X’ which denotes incorrect letters, ‘+’ which denotes correct letters in the wrong place, and ‘O’ which denotes correct letters in the right place.
Copyright 2001 Matteo Saputo Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.