Android Project 1 – Wordle
Submitted by: Vanessa Martinez Montero
Wordle is an android app that recreates a simple version of the popular word game Wordle.
Time spent: 5 hours spent in total
The following required functionality is completed:
- User has 3 chances to guess a random 4 letter word
- After 3 guesses, user should no longer be able to submit another guess
- After each guess, user sees the “correctness” of the guess
- After all guesses are taken, user can see the target word displayed
The following optional features are implemented:
- User can toggle betweeen different word lists
- User can see the ‘correctness’ of their guess through colors on the word
- User sees a visual change after guessing the correct word
- User can tap a ‘Reset’ button to get a new word and clear previous guesses
- User will get an error message if they input an invalid guess
- User can see a ‘streak’ record of how many words they’ve guessed correctly.
The following additional features are implemented:
- List anything else that you can get done to improve the app functionality!
Here’s a walkthrough of implemented user stories:
GIF created with … LICEcap
Describe any challenges encountered while building the app. Had struggles figuring out how to keep going after the getting started page. I thought there would be instructions on how to do this but it just has the requirements and not much else. Had to get a tutor to help me.
Copyright [yyyy] [name of copyright owner] Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.