An app to fetch a random user from https://randomuser.me/ and display the results on UI
With an “update user” button you can fetch a random user from a Rest API.
Unit tests were implemented using a Mockserver.
Network errors were handled.
It also uses a repository pattern so in the future it will be possible to cache results at a local database.
This code demonstrates how to implement:
- Retrofit, Moshi and Coil
- Data and Domain Layer
- ViewModel and LiveData
- Data Binding and custom Binding Adapters
- Unit testing with a mockserver
Other tools used:
- JSON To Kotlin Class Plugin (JsonToKotlinClass)
- Postman (API client tester)
- Download and run the app.