Restaurant is a demo application based on modern Android application tech-stacks and MVVM architecture.
Fetching data from the network via repository pattern.
A sample Restaurant application based on MVVM (ViewModel, Coroutines, Flow, Repository, Hilt) architecture
Go to the Releases to download the latest APK.
Tech stack & Open-source libraries
- Minimum SDK level 21
- Kotlin based + Coroutines for asynchronous.
- Kotlin flows - notify domain layer data to views.
- Lifecycle - dispose of observing data when lifecycle state changes.
- ViewModel - UI related data holder, lifecycle aware.
- MVVM Architecture (View - DataBinding - ViewModel - Model)
- Repository pattern
- Hilt - dependency injection.
- Retrofit2 & Gson - construct the REST APIs.
- OkHttp3 - implementing interceptor, logging and mocking web server.
- Glide - loading images.
- Timber - logging.
- ShummerLayout - an Android library that provides an easy way to add a shimmer effect to any view in your Android app.
- Material-Components - Material design components like ripple animation, cardView.
Resturant is based on MVVM architecture and a repository pattern.