Swenson He Coding Challenge
? Clean Architecture:
? Domain & Data Layer:
? Presentation Layer:
- Following Clean Architecture.
- MVVM Architecture.
- Repository pattern.
- Use Cases.
- Applying SOLID principles, each class has a single job with separation of concerns by making classes independent of each other and communicating with interfaces.
- Using Kotlin-KTS & buildSrc to handle project dependencies.
? Tech Stack & Libraries:
- Navigation component – navigation graph for navigating and replacing screens/fragments
- DataBinding – allows to more easily write code that interacts with views and replaces
- ViewModel – UI related data holder, lifecycle aware.
- Flow & StateFlow – Build data objects that notify views when the underlying database changes.
- Dagger-Hilt for dependency injection. Object creation and scoping is handled by Hilt.
- Kotlin Coroutines – for managing background threads with simplified code and reducing needs for callbacks
- Retrofit2 & OkHttp3 – to make REST requests to the web service integrated.
- Coil – for image loading.
- Material Bottom Navigation – to handle bottom tabs with support for multiple backStack.
? Project Structure:
- Tasks contains the following screens :
- App Tutorial.
- Weather Home.
? Extra Modules:
- You will find extra modules also developed by me like :
- AppTutorial – (To handle onBoarding tutorial screens).
? Code Style:
- Following official kotlin code style
? Apply Git Hooks:
- To apply git hooks in order to automate process of styling and checking your code, just follow this steps:
pre-commitfile depending on your OS from
- Paste it into
.git/hooksin your project.
- Now each time you commit your changes,
ktlintCheckwill automatically run
? Local Development:
- Here are some useful Gradle commands for executing this example:
./gradlew clean– Deletes build directory.
Copyright (C) 2022 MINA MIKHAIL PRIVATE LIMITED Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.