NostrPostr – A nostr client and library for Android
THIS IS NOT PRODUCTION READY! THIS IS ONLY PUBLICLY AVAILABLE TO GET COLLABORATORS TO HELP TO GET A PRODUCTION READY PRODUCT EVENTUALLY! AS OF WRITING THESE LINES, THIS CODE IS A DEMO APP THAT DOES NOT SHOW ANYTHING TO THE USER. DEVELOPERS CAN SEE IT IS DOWNLOADING ONE NOSTR ACCOUNT’S EVENTS.
As of the date of creation of this repository there was no Android nostr client. There was no nostr library for Android neither. The goal is to provide both with a focus on a clean and generally usable, fully featured library and a client with basic functionality.
If you want to contribute and aren’t a seasoned Android developer yet: Try it. It really is easy.
- Get Android Studio for free
- Clone this repository
- Import it in Android Studio
- Create an Android Virtual Device
- Launch the app (That “play” button top left)
- What is nostr? “nostr” stands for “Notes and Other Stuff Transmitted by Relays” – a protocol that thanks to its simplicity might actually work to “create a censorship-resistant global social network once and for all”. Read more about it here.
- Where can I find other tools for nostr? Check out awesome-nostr.
- Where can I find nostr developers? On nostr of course but also on Telegram in nostr_protocol.