MusicWiki is an unofficial Last.fm app that contains information about different music genres, the albums, artists and tracks listed under the genre.
Android Architectural Pattern
- Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM)
- Android Jetpack Components
- ViewModel and UI Controllers
- Material Design
- last.fm -> https://www.last.fm/api
- Retrofit + Moshi (for making network(HTTP) calls)
- Picasso -> For Image Loading
- EventBus -> For Communicating Between Fragments
- Different Genres of Music available to search information for.
- Albums, Artists and Tracks Related to every genre is available.
- Information regarding every Artist can be found out in the application.
- Top Artists, Top Tracks and Top Albums are available wrt each genre.
Some Important Points
- The UI of the application can definitely get more improved, but I rather decided to spend more time on the Code Structure and Architecture so that it is Scalable and Maintanable.
- Didn’t focused much on the UI, as at some places, the alignment of the views are not proper.
- Just have tried to replicate the UI provided in the assignment.
- Home Screen (where Top 10 genres are available (collapsed))
- Home Screen (Expanded Genres List)
- Genre Detail Screen (With Rock Genre Selected)
- Album Detail Screen
- Artist Detail Screen
- Top Tracks and Top Artists