It is just another Hacker News Android app where I practice my skills with newest things.
[Android Architecture Components] - A collection of libraries that help you design robust, testable, and maintainable apps.
- [Data Binding][1.1] - Allows you to bind UI components in your layouts to data sources in your app using a declarative format rather than programmatically.
- [Lifecycles][1.2] - Create a UI that automatically responds to lifecycle events.
- [LiveData][1.3] - Build data objects that notify views when the underlying data changes.
- [Navigation][1.4] - Simplifies the implementation of navigation in an Android app.
- [ViewModel][1.5] - Designed to store and manage UI-related data in a lifecycle conscious way.
- [BottomNavigationView][2.1] - Represents a standard bottom navigation bar for application.
- [ConstraintLayout][2.2] - Allows you to create large and complex layouts with a flat view hierarchy (no nested view groups).
- [Support Library][2.3]
- [Android Layouts][2.4]
Third party libraries
- [Retrofit2][3.1] - A type-safe HTTP client for Android and Java
- [Dagger2][3.2] - A fully static, compile-time dependency injection framework for both Java and Android.
- [RxJava2][3.3] - Reactive Extensions for the JVM – a library for composing asynchronous and event-based programs using observable sequences for the Java VM.
- [RxKotlin][3.4] - RxJava bindings for Kotlin
- [ ] Login
- [ ] Comment on a post
- [ ] Vote
- [ ] Make comments list expandable
- [ ] Filter news based on keywords and sources
- [ ] Add Unit Tests and Intrumented Tests
- [ ] Add CircleCI continus intergration
- [ ] Save news to read later
- [ ] Add notification for newest news (configurable, e.g. per day, twice a day)
- [ ] Swipe left to delete a new - Swipe right to add to read later
- [ ] Sharing
- [ ] Add licensess