SimpleCloudNotifier is an app to display messages that you can send to your phone with simple POST requests.
After you start the app it generates a UserID and a UserSecret.
Now you can send your message to https://simplecloudnotifier.blackforestbytes.com/send.php and a notification will be pushed to your phone.
(see https://simplecloudnotifier.blackforestbytes.com/ for an example with curl)
Use it to
- send yourself automated messages from cron jobs
- notify yourself when long-running scripts finish
- send server error messages directly to your phone
- integrate with other online services
The possibilities are endless*
* Disclaimer: Developer does not actually guarantee endless possibilities
Subscribe to Android Example 365
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox