Android BiometricLogin Sample (Kotlin)
Sample for the Androidx Biometrics Library
This is the canonical sample that demonstrates how to integrate Android Biometrics into your apps. Whether your project is for government, healthcare, financial, enterprise, or general usage, this sample should guide your implementation.
What the sample does
The sample app addresses the following critical user journeys:
- How to enable biometric login in your app.
- How to handle the server token for subsequent biometric login.
- How to actually login with biometric and release the server token for communication with the server.
What this sample does not do
- This sample does not teach you how to handle server side authentication
- This sample does not teach you how to communicate with your servers
- One Biometric API Over all Android
- Migrating from FingerprintManager to BiometricPrompt
- Using BiometricPrompt with CryptoObject: How and Why
This sample uses the Gradle build system. To build this project, use the “gradlew build” command or use “Import Project” in Android Studio.
- Stack Overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/android-biometric
If you’ve found an error in this sample, please file an issue: https://github.com/android/security
Patches are encouraged, and may be submitted by forking this project and submitting a pull request through GitHub. Please see CONTRIBUTING.md for more details.
Copyright 2020 Google LLC. Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.