Welcome to the Twitter Clone Android application! This application is a clone of the popular social media platform, Twitter. It is built using Kotlin and is hosted on Firebase. The application allows users to create an account, log in, and post tweets, as well as view tweets from other users they follow.
- Create an account or log in with an existing one
- Post tweets with a 253 character limit
- Follow other users and see their tweets in your home feed
- View other users’ profiles and tweets
- Like other users’ tweets
- Search for other users
The application also makes use of Firebase Cloud Messaging to push notifications to users when they receive a new direct message or when someone they follow tweets.
Ads are also enabled in the application, which helps generate revenue to support the development and maintenance of the project.
To use this application, you’ll need to sign up for a Firebase account and configure the project with your Firebase project’s settings. You’ll also need to enable Cloud Messaging and set up a Firebase Cloud Function to handle sending notifications to users.
To get started, clone the repository and import the project into Android Studio. You will need to set up a Firebase project and add the necessary configuration files to the project before you can run the app. Run the app on an emulator or physical device.
To deploy the app to the Google Play Store, you will need to create a signed APK and follow the standard release process.
- Kotlin – The programming language used
- Android Studio – The development environment
- Firebase – The hosting platform
- Picasso – A powerful image downloading and caching library for Android
- Google AdSense – An advertising program
- [Daksh Godara] – GitHub Profile