A simple Pokedex App getting API with Retrofit, maintaining data using LiveData, and Material Design based on MVVM architecture.
Tech stack & Open-source libraries
- Minimum SDK level 21
- Kotlin based, LiveData
- Lifecycle – Observe Android lifecycles and handle UI states upon the lifecycle changes.
- ViewModel – Manages UI-related data holder and lifecycle aware. Allows data to survive configuration changes such as screen rotations.
- DataBinding – Binds UI components in your layouts to data sources in your app using a declarative format rather than programmatically.
- MVVM Architecture (View – DataBinding – ViewModel – Model)
- Retrofit2 & OkHttp3 – Construct the REST APIs.
Pokedex is based on the MVVM architecture
Pokedex using the [PokeAPI](https://pokeapi.co/) for constructing RESTful API. PokeAPI provides a RESTful API interface to highly detailed objects built from thousands of lines of data related to Pokémon.