ByteChat is a real-time chat application with features like one-to-one chat and push notifications.
- Kotlin – First class and official programming language for Android development.
- Android Architecture Components – Collection of libraries that help you design quality, robust, testable, and maintainable apps.
- Navigation Component – Handle everything needed for in-app navigation with a single Activity.
- LiveData – Data objects that notify views when the underlying database changes.
- ViewModel – Stores UI-related data that isn’t destroyed on UI changes.
- ViewBinding – Allows you to more easily write code that interacts with views. Declaratively bind observable data to UI elements.
- Firebase –
- Glide – Fast and efficient image loading for Android
Installation and Configuration
- Clone the repository:
git clone https://github.com/azmatroshan/ByteChat.git
- Open the project in Android Studio
- Change the package name of app. see how
- Create Firebase Project. learn how
- Import the file google-service.json into your project.
- Connect to firebase authentication, database, storage and cloud messaging from your IDE.
- Run app.