MarsRealEstate – Starter Code
Starter code for Android Kotlin Fundamentals Codelab 8.1 Getting data from the internet
MarsRealEstate is a demo app that shows available properties for sale and for rent on Mars.
The property data is stored on a Web server as a REST web service. This app demonstrated
the use of Retrofit to make REST requests to the
web service, Moshi to handle the deserialization of the
returned JSON to Kotlin data objects, and Glide to load and
cache images by URL.
You need to know:
- How to create and use fragments.
- How to navigate between fragments, and use safeArgs to pass data between fragments.
- How to use architecture components including ViewModel, ViewModelProvider.Factory, LiveData, and LiveData transformations.
- How to use coroutines for long-running tasks.
- Download and run the app.
Copyright 2019 Google, Inc.
Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more contributor
license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with this work for
additional information regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this
file to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not
use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of
the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT
WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the
License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under