Basic Arithmetic Questions Generator – QGen
Basic Arithmetic Questions Generator is an offline Android application that generates arithmetic questions for users. The questions include two numbers with a range that can be specified by the user, and the operation can be selected from four basic operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. The application is based on Material 3 design language, Kotlin, and XML.
Generate arithmetic questions with two numbers Customize the range of two numbers Choose the operation for the questions Select between two basic layouts: vertical and horizontal Set max value for the result of any question generated Generate questions with a specified number of rows and columns
1. horizontal Layout
2. Vertical Layout
- Clone the repository to your local machine.
- Open the project in Android Studio.
- Build and run the application on your Android device or emulator.
Technologies and Libraries
- Material 3 design language
Architecture and Design
The application is designed using a Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture. The model is responsible for generating arithmetic questions, and the view is responsible for displaying them to the user. The controller handles user interactions and manages the communication between the model and the view.
The user interface is designed using XML layouts and Material 3 design language. The application logic is written in Kotlin, which is a modern, concise, and expressive language that is designed to work seamlessly with Java.
To generate arithmetic questions, follow these steps:
- Open the application on your Android device or emulator.
- Select the range for two numbers.
- Choose the operation for the questions.
- Select the layout for the questions.
- Set the max value for the result of any question generated.
- Enter the number of rows and columns for the questions.
- Press the “Generate” button to generate the questions.
Q: Can I generate questions with decimal numbers?
A: No, the application generates questions with whole numbers only.
Q: Can I save the generated questions?
A: No, the application does not have a feature to save the generated questions.
If you encounter any issues while using the application, try the following:
Check that you have entered valid inputs for the range of two numbers, the max value, and the number of rows and columns. Make sure that you have selected a valid operation and layout. Restart the application or your device if the application becomes unresponsive. Known Issues None at this time.
Thank you for your interest in contributing to Basic Arithmetic Questions Generator! Your contributions are highly appreciated and will help improve the application for all users.
Before you begin contributing, please read the following guidelines:
- Fork the repository and create a new branch for your contribution.
- Follow the coding style and standards used in the existing codebase.
- Clearly document any new code or changes made to existing code.
- Test your changes thoroughly before submitting a pull request.
- Submit a pull request to the development branch of the main repository.
- Wait for feedback and address any issues raised during the review process.
If you encounter any issues while using the application, please report them on the GitHub repository issue tracker. When reporting an issue, please include as much detail as possible, including steps to reproduce the issue, expected behavior, and any error messages or screenshots.
When contributing code, please follow these guidelines:
- Use clear and descriptive variable and function names.
- Keep functions short and focused on a single task.
- Avoid code duplication and use common functions or classes whenever possible.
- Use comments to explain any complex or unclear code.
- Test your code thoroughly before submitting a pull request. Thank you for your contributions! Together, we can make Basic Arithmetic Questions Generator an even better application.
GitHub Repository: https://github.com/sunkusaarthak/QGen.git
This project is licensed under the MIT License – see the LICENSE file for details.