Since there is no official API for Trending Repositories (it is one of the internal GitHub API’s),
I have decided to use GitHub Search API and sort the repositories by their stars.
- Minimum SDK level 23
- Kotlin based + Coroutines for asynchronous.
- Dagger-Hilt (alpha) for dependency injection.
- LiveData – notify domain layer data to views.
- Lifecycle – dispose of observing data when lifecycle state changes.
- ViewModel – UI related data holder, lifecycle aware.
- Navigation Component – handle everything needed for in-app navigation.
- Data Binding – declaratively bind observable data to UI elements.
- MVVM Architecture (View – DataBinding – ViewModel – Model)
- Repository pattern
- Glide – loading images.
- Retrofit2 & OkHttp3 – construct the REST APIs and paging network data.
- Material-Components – Material design components like ripple animation, cardView.