This repository contains a sample app that implements MVVM architecture using Kotlin, ViewModel, LiveData, and etc.
MVVM Architecture is one of the most popular and latest architecture to develop a maintanable and managable codebase. We are developing a sample
Weater Forecast Android App with
MVVM Architecture using
Kotlin language and
Retrofit network calling library.
The app has following packages:
- data: It contains all the data accessing and manipulating components.
- ui: View classes along with their corresponding ViewModel.
- utils: Utility classes.
Open Weather API
We will use Open Weather Map API for collecting weather information.
Run the project
- Clone the project and open it using Android Studio.
- Sync the
Gradleand run the project. Install APK on your emulator or real device. Turn on the internet of your testing device.
- Programming language: Kotlin (DONE)
- Design app’s architecture MVVM (DONE)
- Apply LiveData mechanism (DONE)
- UI should be looks like in attachment (DONE)
- Write UnitTests (DONE)
- Acceptance Tests (NOT YET)
- Exception handling (DONE)
- Caching handling (DONE)
- Secure Android (DONE)
- Accessibility for Disability Supports (DONE)