About the Project
Exporting data from any app into a file made simple. Just open the share options, select “Save To…” and choose the target file. Done. No permissions required.
More infos on the official website: xa1.at/saveto.
Background on blog post: I Published My First App on the Google Play Store
Native Android App.
Maximum Privacy. No Permissions required. Not even internet access.
- Introduction Guide
- Open from Share Dialog and save shared item into a file.
- Android Studio
- Java 11+
Before committing run:
This compiles the code, runs ktlint, unit tests and android tests.
at.xa1.saveto: main package with the most fundamental classes (like
common: generic, non-app-specific classes
android: generic, non-app-specific classes that are strongly related to Android.
di: Dependency Injection.
feature: sub packages contain pieces of functionality, that don’t depend on other features.
ui: User interface components that are not feature specific.
This is only relevant for the deployer.
app/build/outputs/bundle/release/app-release.aabto Google Play Console.
Signing is located in
It is added to
.gitignore to avoid accidental committing.
private_key.pepk) from Password Manager to
keyAlias=releaseKey keyPassword=[PASSWORD FROM PASSWORD MANAGER] storeFile=.signing/release.jks storePassword=[SAME PASSWORD FROM PASSWORD MANAGER]
- Start Emulator.
- Make sure status bar is empty.
- Make sure battery, network and wifi are full (emulator settings).
- Use gesture navigation to hide navigation buttons (android settings).
- Set time to: 04:01 (android settings).
- Use tests in
PlayStoreScreenshotsfor individual screens.
waitForScreenshotfunction to have a chance in making screenshots.
- Return OK Result when finished successfully
- Show KB copied
- Show Success
- Show Error
- Propose Filename
- Support Plain Text
- Make Scrollable
- Dependency Injection
- List open source licenses
- Feature graphic
- https://xa1.at/saveto/ site
- Review package and file structure
- Show version in settings
- CI setup
- Bug: Shouldn’t be possible to open from recents.
- Abort (back button)
- Support multiple files shared at once.
README inspired by Louis3797/awesome-readme-template.
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.