An alligator exploring github repositories
This sample Android app lets users browse trending “language” related repositories on Github. I created and maintaining this app to serve as a playground for me to get hands-on with all the cool new stuff and also to demonstrate my expertise on them to potential employers. ?
Left to right: Shimmer animation while loading, Trending repository listing, No internet connection view
? Built With
- Kotlin – First class and official programming language for Android development.
- Single Activity with MVVM and Clean Architecture – In lines with officially recommended architecture guide
- Hilt – Easier way to incorporate Dagger DI into Android apps.
- Jetpack Compose – Modern toolkit for building native UI
- Navigation Components
- Shimmer Animation
- Coil for Compose
- Dark theme support
- Lottie Animation for Compose
- Offline First with local cache ( via Room)
- Coroutines – For asynchronous and more..
- MutableState – Simpler than LiveData or Flow with respect to composable.
- Custom Pagination
- Pull to Refresh
- Dark Mode refinement
- Integration Testing
- CI & CD (to Firebase & PlayStore)
- Theming with compose
- UI Testing with Espresso
- BDD via Cucumber
? Future Roadmap
- Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile (KMM) migration
- GraphQL replacing REST
- SQLDelight replacing Room
- Material Design 3 support
- Kotlin Multiplatform for web and desktop
? Download Demo on Android
Download the APK file from here on your Android phone and enjoy the demo app ?
? Developed By