An attendance taking app. It is similar to the traditional and old way of taking attendance by making blank sheets transformed into an android app with a more elegant features
Live video demo of the current state of the project here
- It’s regrettable in our today’s world(driven by Technology) that many organizations like schools, and companies especially in West African countries still uses the manual way of taking daily attendance: The secretary creates a blank paper sheet where every staff needs to start writing their names and the time they arrive. This method is very cumbersome, time-wasting and not efficient for any further evaluation.
- The purpose of this project is to transform the old/manual way of taking attendance into a digital one with a more elegant and efficient features
- Firebase firestore for backend
- MVVM architecture + Repository pattern
- Android Jetpack Navigation
- and more
- The admin can create attendance for each day(similar to creating a blank sheet) and the staff would just go and start sending in their names. No need for writing the time the attendance was taking because it would be captured immediately.
- The admin can see a list of the attendance for each day from the admin screen.
Project is: in progress
Room for Improvement
A more elegant feature to be included:
- To make the attendance location-based. Staff would only be able to take attendance if they are within the specified location.
- A facial scan of each staff to prevent impersonation.
- The admin should be able to export the list of each day’s attendance into excel or other formats for further evaluation.
- The Staff should be able to install the application on their devices. Authentication and authorization are required.
- Many thanks to one of my 10 year old student, Farouk Ndakpayi. He came up with this idea for his school and I loved it. So, we decided to create the app together within just few days. I did the coding and he was suggesting what and what to do/include. He will be like, ‘Sir, let’s include this and that. How about we do it this way or that way’.
Created by ebenezergana – feel free to contact me!