Android Project 4 – Flixster++
Submitted by: Ian Kamweru
Flixster++ is a movie browsing app that allows users to browse the week’s trending movies and TV shows
Time spent: 8 hours spent in total
The following required functionality is completed:
- Choose any endpoint on The MovieDB API except
- Make a request to your chosen endpoint and implement a RecyclerView to display all entries
- Use Glide to load and display at least one image per entry
- Click on an entry to view specific details about that entry using Intents
The following optional features are implemented:
- Add another API call and RecyclerView that lets the user interact with different data.
- Add rounded corners to the images using the Glide transformations
- Implement a shared element transition when user clicks into the details of a movie
The following additional features are implemented:
- List anything else that you can get done to improve the app functionality!
Here’s a walkthrough of implemented user stories:
GIF created with LiceCap.
- Requires an API_KEY from The Movie Database API.
Copyright  [Ian Kamweru]
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
limitations under the License.