Android Engineering Intern Assignment(FamPay)
- A standalone container, that displays a list of
Contextual Cardis used to refer to a view that is rendered using json from an API
- These views are dynamic and their properties like images, color, texts, buttons (CTAs) etc. can be changed from backend at anytime.
- This container works completely independently of everything else, such that, we can add this to container to any fragment/activity and it will work. (Plug-and-Play component)
- The app renders contextual cards in a list based on the API response that you get from this API
- The design specifications for the different design types can be referenced from design specified here.
- The design linked is only for reference for different types of design types of cards. Actual response from API will render different results.
? Functional Features:
- Most of the deeplinks (card, CTAs, Formatted Text entities) are handled.
- In the API, almost every component has its own url/deeplink that is used to trigger action on click.
- On long press of Big Display Card (HC3), it slides to the right and display action buttons as per the design
- On tapping “remind later” action on a card, it should be removed from the display. This card is shown on the next app start.
- Implemented swipe down to refresh feature
- Handled loading and error states
- Functions and Classes that enabled reusablity
? Could not implement:
- On tapping “dismiss now” action, it should be removed from the display. This card should never be visible again.
?️ Link for APK in the Repository:
? Sample Demo:
? Built With:
- Android Studio.
- Glide (loading the images)
- Retrofit (For fetching API Response)
- Coroutines (To handle ansynchronous tasks)
↙️ API Used:
? Difficulties Faced:
- Due to limited amount to time couldn’t implement the SharedPrefernces feature to save the list of items once dismiss button is tapped
? Steps to Build locally:
- Clone with
git clone https://github.com/adrishyantee/Fampay.
- Open Android Studio IDE and open the file
- Let the Gradle Sync happen automatically and the app is built.
- Run on Android Emulator or Physical Device connected with USB.