A simple app that consumes The GitHub APIs to display github users. The aim was to learn about different jetpack libraries, built with MVVM pattern.
Min Api Level : 21
- Android device or emulator
- Android Studio
In order to get the app running yourself, you need to:
- clone this project
- Import the project into Android Studio
- Connect the android device with USB or just use your emulator
- In Android Studio, click on the “Run” button.
Libraries used in the whole application are:
- Kotlin – Kotlin is a programming language that can run on JVM. Google has announced Kotlin as one of its officially supported programming languages in Android Studio; and the Android community is migrating at a pace from Java to Kotlin
- Viewmodel -The ViewModel class is designed to store and manage UI-related data in a lifecycle conscious way
- LiveData – A lifecycle-aware data holder with the observer pattern
- Kotlin Coroutines – A concurrency design pattern that you can use on Android to simplify code that executes asynchronously
- Retofit – Retrofit is a REST Client for Java and Android by Square inc under Apache 2.0 license. Its a simple network library that used for network transactions. By using this library we can seamlessly capture JSON response from web service/web API.
- Material Libarary – Modular and customizable Material Design UI components for Android
- Found this project useful
? Support by clicking the
button on the upper right of this page.
- Notice anything else missing? File an issue
- Feel free to contribute in any way to the project from typos in docs to code review are all welcome.