Foodium is a sample food blog 🍲 Android application 📱 built to demonstrate use of Modern Android development tools. Dedicated to all Android Developers with ❤️.
You can Install and test latest Foodium app from below 👇
It simply loads Posts data from API and stores it in persistence storage (i.e. SQLite Database). Posts will be always loaded from local database. Remote data (from API) and Local data is always synchronized.
- This makes it offline capable 😃.
- Clean and Simple Material UI.
- It supports dark theme too 🌗.
Dummy API is used in this app. JSON response is statically hosted here.
Built With 🛠
- Kotlin - First class and official programming language for Android development.
- Coroutines - For asynchronous and more..
- Flow - A cold asynchronous data stream that sequentially emits values and completes normally or with an exception.
- Android Architecture Components - Collection of libraries that help you design robust, testable, and maintainable apps.
- LiveData - Data objects that notify views when the underlying database changes.
- ViewModel - Stores UI-related data that isn't destroyed on UI changes.
- ViewBinding - Generates a binding class for each XML layout file present in that module and allows you to more easily write code that interacts with views.
- Room - SQLite object mapping library.
- Dagger 2 - Dependency Injection Framework
- Retrofit - A type-safe HTTP client for Android and Java.
- Moshi - A modern JSON library for Kotlin and Java.
- Moshi Converter - A Converter which uses Moshi for serialization to and from JSON.
- Coil-kt - An image loading library for Android backed by Kotlin Coroutines.
- Material Components for Android - Modular and customizable Material Design UI components for Android
This app uses MVVM (Model View View-Model) architecture.
Subscribe to Android Example 365
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox