Tambourine Music Player
A music player for your local music library.
THIS IS A PRE-RELEASE, the project is still in development.
- Linux first
- Local only: no internet connection will ever be established.
- Read only: your music will be accessed only in read mode.
- Stateless: no cache/database/whatever will be created. The metadata in your songs are the database.
- Imperfect: there will be use-cases that are not solved by this software, and that’s fine.
Browse your music collection; play a song; that’s it really.
Blockers for V1:
- Use Flatpak file portal
- Dynamically reload library if files change
Other non-blocking features:
- Disk n°
- Persist filter/sort
- Keep scrolling position when removing filters
- Drag&drop and open files to open them
- Skip “zeros” at the beginning of the song
- Drag & drop in queue UI
- Background API?