MovieCompose is a small demo application based on modern Android tech-stacks especially focus on Jetpack Compose UI using The Movie DB API. Also fetching data from the network and integrating persisted data in the database via repository pattern.
How to build on your environment
Add your The Movie DB‘s API key in local.properties file.
Tech stack & Open-source libraries
- Minimum SDK level 21
- 100% Kotlin based + Coroutines + Flow for asynchronous.
- Hilt for dependency injection.
- Compose – A modern toolkit for building native Android UI.
- Lifecycle – dispose observing data when lifecycle state changes.
- ViewModel – UI related data holder, lifecycle aware.
- Room Persistence – construct database.
- App Startup – Provides a straightforward, performant way to initialize components at application startup.
- MVVM Architecture (Declarative View – ViewModel – Model)
- Repository pattern
- Material Design & Animations
- Accompanist – A collection of extension libraries for Jetpack Compose.
- Landscapist – Jetpack Compose image loading library with shimmer & circular reveal animations.
- Retrofit2 & OkHttp3 – construct the REST APIs and paging network data.
- Sandwich – construct lightweight http API response and handling error responses.
- WhatIf – checking nullable object and empty collections more fluently.
- Timber – logging.
Find this repository useful?
Designed and developed by 2021 skydoves (Jaewoong Eum) Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.