- Play any non-age-restricted song/video from YouTube Music
- Background playback
- Cache audio chunks for offline playback
- Search for songs, albums, artists and videos
- Display songs lyrics
- Local playlist management
- Reorder songs in playlist or queue
- Light/Dark theme
- Improve UI/UX (help needed)
- Settings page
- Support YouTube playlists (and other stuff to improve features parity)
- Download songs (not sure about this)
- Play local songs (not sure about this, too)
After installing, I recommend executing the following ADB command to neutralize some animation lags you may experience in cold starts:
adb shell cmd package compile -r bg-dexopt it.vfsfitvnm.vimusic
The application is using
androidx.media3, which is unstable. Expect random crashes or buggy notification behaviours. Hopefully, they will be fixed within the next alpha release.
There’s a huge room for improvements! Please open an issue to report bugs, discuss ideas and so on.
Similar projects, inspirations and acknowledgments
- Beatbump: Alternative YouTube Music frontend built with Svelte/SvelteKit.
- music: A material design music player with music from YouTube/YouTube Music.
- YouTube-Internal-Clients: A python script that discovers hidden YouTube API clients. Just a research project.
- ionicons: Premium hand-crafted icons built by Ionic, for Ionic apps and web apps everywhere.