A food recipes App Built with Jetpack Compose . The app uses room for local caching to facilitate offline support and follows the MVVM Clean Architectural pattern
- Kotlin – Kotlin is a cross-platform, statically typed, general-purpose programming language with type inference. Kotlin is designed to interoperate fully with Java, and the JVM version of Kotlin’s standard library depends on the Java Class Library, but type inference allows its syntax to be more concise
- Jetpack Components:
- Jetpack Compose – Android’s modern toolkit for building native UI. It simplifies and accelerates UI development on Android
- View Model– store and manage UI-related data in a lifecycle conscious way.
- Lifecycle – Perform actions in response to a change in the lifecycle status of another component, such as activities and fragments.
- LiveData – A lifecycle-aware data holder with the observer pattern
- Android KTX – Android KTX is a set of Kotlin extensions that are included with Android Jetpack and other Android libraries. KTX extensions provide concise, idiomatic Kotlin to Jetpack, Android platform, and other APIs.
- AndroidX – Major improvement to the original Android Support Library, which is no longer maintained.
- Retrofit– is a type-safe REST client for Android, Java and Kotlin, built as a powerful framework for consuming APIs
Dagger-Hilt– a dependency injection library for Android that reduces the boilerplate of doing manual dependency injection in your project
Room – a persistence library provides an abstraction layer over SQLite for cache
Coroutines – a concurrency design pattern that you can use on Android to simplify code that executes asynchronously
Flow– In coroutines, a flow is a type that can emit multiple values sequentially, as opposed to suspend functions that return only a single value.
Ramcosta Navigation Library – A KSP library that processes annotations and generates code that uses Official Jetpack Compose Navigation under the hood. It hides the complex, non-type-safe and boilerplate code you would have to write otherwise.
Coil – Image Loader library.
Accompanist-SwipeRefresh – A library which provides a layout which provides the swipe-to-refresh UX pattern, similar to Android’s SwipeRefreshLayout.
Do Reach Out :
License and Copyright
MIT License Copyright (c) 2022 Felix m Kariuki Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.