7 Minutes Workout App
7-Minutes Workout Android App built using Kotlin based on modern Android application tech-stacks.
- Workout of 12 exercises (30 seconds each).
- Screen to rest after each exercise (10 seconds).
- Have a Play/Pause button for each exercise.
- Can skip and return button for the exercises.
- Play aloud the name of the exercise.
- Play a sound to indicate that rest for next exercise.
- History of past workouts.
- BMI Calculator with 2 units system (Metrics and US).
Tech Stack & Open-source libraries
- Minimum SDK level 21.
- Kotlin – official programming language for Android development.
- Coroutines – for asynchronous programming.
- Android Architecture Components – collection of libraries that help you design robust, testable, and maintainable apps.
- Data Binding – data objects to bind UI components in your layouts to data sources in your app.
- ViewModel – stores UI-related data that isn’t destroyed on UI changes.
- Room – access your app’s SQLite database with in-app objects and compile-time checks.
- Lifecycle – components to perform actions in response to a change in the lifecycle status of another component, such as activities and fragments.
- Navigation – interactions that allow users to navigate across, into, and back out from the different pieces of content within your app.
- Fragment – represents a behavior or a portion of user interface in a FragmentActivity.
- RecyclerView – for display a scrolling list of elements based on large data sets.
- Material-Components – Material design components.
- Material Dialogs – library with extensible dialogs API for Kotlin & Android.
Awesome! If you would like to contribute you’re always welcome!
2.Create your feature branch (git checkout -b my-new-feature)
3.Commit your changes (git commit -m ‘Add some feature’)
4.Push your branch (git push origin my-new-feature)
5-Create a new Pull Request
Copyright (c) 2022 Sahil Kumar Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.