Minimal Android Launcher
A minimal launcher displaying only core apps you really need, with a note widget to quickly add reminders on your home screen.
About The Project
Date: April 2022
Heavily insprired by this minimalistic launcher, I wanted icons and a space to add notes as reminders on my home screen. Also wanted to practice and brush up on Kotlin.
Features of the Launcher
- Notes/Reminders on your home page
- Battery percentage indicator and Clock view
- App Drawer showing icons and app name
- Save apps to home screen to quickly access important apps
- Clone and run the projec easily with Android Studio.
git clone https://github.com/jolenechong/androidLauncher.git
- Displaying App Drawer and adding search function
- Display time and date with TextClock view
- Display Battery Percentage with BroadcastReciever
- Added SQLite Database to store selected apps to be displayed on home page
- Add and Delete selected apps from database
- Added options to uninstall app and view app info
- Added a new table to store notes
- Improve UI
- Allow customisations for background, accent colors and fonts (currently hardcoded)
Jolene – [email protected]
Project Link: https://github.com/jolenechong/bookingApp