Making good use of Discord‘s chat replacement functionality.
What is it?
This is used to wildcard-target endpoints of
trnor.com (a domain I own), and return a modified version of the tenor GIF based on the id provided at the end of the endpoint.
How does it work?
When a message with the following syntax:
- More information on this functionality can be seen here.
is sent in any text-based Discord channel, your last sent message is edited, replacing the first occurrence of
s/e/r, you’re able to change any
tenor.com URL, to my
- trnor-server is built with Kotlin using the Javalin platform.
- We use a basic mapping of Tenor’s GifAPI.
- Interested in a full implementation of it? I will be open-sourcing one soon!
- By default, we return a templated meme with the provided gif overlayed on it.
- The template can be seen here: ok-i-pull-up.png