Kotlin script to prevent invalid conversion errors in the projects with many localization files or with large amount of supported languages.
- Put the local_pattern_checker-1.0.0.jar file wherever it is possible to access the project files.
- Create conf.txt file with the following values:
- PATH: path to files.
- BASE: base pattern or char to identify if the string contains placeholder.
- PATTERN: placeholder pattern.
- REGEX-CONFLICT: characters from REGEX syntax, that are contained in the placeholders.
- FOLDER-FILTER: only files, with parent directory, that contains this value, will be checked.
- FILE-FILTER: only files, with names contains this value, will be checked.
- Run the local_pattern_checker-1.0.0.jar file (be sure, that you’ve placed conf.txt file in the same directory).
- If there were some errors, check errors.txt file.
- Check result.txt file, to see the Localization-Patterns-Checker script results.
Project can be very unstable:
Now it was only tested with %s and %1$s placeholders, but successfully passed the RTL languages check.
Example of the conf.txt file:
PATH: ./app/src/main/ PATTERN: %s PATTERN: %1$s REGEX-CONFLICT: $ BASE: % FOLDER-FILTER: values FILE-FILTER: string
There is ready-to-use jar file in the project’s root folder.