WeatherAppsX app is a sample networking app showing weather forecast of the current day and the average forecast for the next four days.
Project is a single module consist of multiple packages in order to achieve MVVM architecture.
Android/Kotlin Beauty ? ? ?
- For animation, pre-defined AnimationUtils class is used
- Generic RecyclerView supporting list of ViewModel and DataBinding
- Custom DividerItemDecorator
- Retrieving and loading local JSON asset
- MockWebServer is used for mocking the data while doing instrumentation testing
- Separate Hilt module for testing and production
This project use multiple libraries to bring easy way of implementation
- Hilt – Dependency Injection Framework
- Retrofit – Used for Networking
- Coroutines – to perform asynchronous work
- Moshi – use to serialize and deserialize Java objects to JSON
- LiveData – observable data holder
- AndroidX – android library for core functionalities
- ViewModel – manage data in lifecycle aware fashion
- Material Components for Android – Modular and customizable Material Design UI components for Android
- Data Binding – helps to bind UI with data source
- Espresso – Instrumentation Testing
- Mock Web Server – Mock server for Testing
- Robolectric – Unit Testing
Let’s connect here -> webprofile
MIT License Copyright (c) 2022 Akshay Nandwana Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.