Chat is a free messaging app inspired by messaging social media apps. Written in Kotlin implements the Jetpack libraries, Firebase services.
- Data Binding – Declaratively bind observable data to UI elements.
- Lifecycles – Create a UI that automatically responds to lifecycle events.
- LiveData – Build data objects that notify views when the underlying database changes.
- Firebase – Tools to develop high-quality apps
- Authentication – Allows an app to securely save user data in the cloud.
- Cloud Firestore – Flexible, scalable NoSQL cloud database to store and sync data.
- Firebase -** Authentication (Email)** –Cloud Firestore
Something not working quite as expected? Do you need a feature that has not been implemented yet? Check the issue tracker and add a new one if your problem is not already listed. Please try to provide a detailed description of your problem, including the steps to reproduce it.
How to run the project in development mode
- Clone or download repository as a zip file.
- Open project in Android Studio.
- Set Facebook API key in build.gradle.
- Run ‘app’ SHIFT+F10.
- Create Firebase project.
- In Firebase console enable all Firebase services listed in section Features.
- To turn on notifications deploy following function to Firebase functions service.