This Android Application fetches Popular and Top-Rated movies from TheMovieDB API and show them in a user-friendly interface. It was originally written in Java and then converted step by step into Kotlin.
For Java version, click here.
- Browse Popular and Top-Rated Movies
- Once loaded, the movie data is saved for offline access
- Star a movie to mark it as a favorite for easy access
- Landscape/Portrait Orientation Support
- LiveData (To observe data changes)
- ViewModel (To persist data under configuration changes)
- Room (To create and manage database)
- Volley (For network operations)
- Picasso (For loading and caching images)
- Gson (To handle JSON parsing)
- ~ButterKnife (To bind the views)~ Kotlin Android Extensions
|Home Screen||Movie Detail Screen|
|Favorites Feature||Extra Movie Details|
- Clone and open the project.
- Put your API_KEY in
C:\Users\<Username>\.gradle\gradle.propertieswith the name
- Run the project!