The Movie Database Example
- This is a sample application that build with combine use Clean Architecture framework and Movie Database API (https://www.themoviedb.org/documentation/api) for request and showing the information
- This is an update from v1 sample with using Hilt and Coroutines replace for Dagger v2 and RxJava.
The UI will have two parts: Home screen and Movie detail screen as images below.
Movie detail screen
How to build
- Check out project from link: https://github.com/hungan1409/TheMovieDatabase.git
- Use Android Framework from 3.5.x or greater for compile and run.
This example use Clean Architecture approach for build project. (https://blog.cleancoder.com/uncle-bob/2012/08/13/the-clean-architecture.html)
- Foundation – Components for core system capabilities, Kotlin extensions and support for multidex and automated testing.
- Architecture – A collection of libraries that help you design robust, testable, and
maintainable apps. Start with classes for managing your UI component lifecycle and handling data
- Data Binding – Declaratively bind observable data to UI elements.
- Lifecycles – Create a UI that automatically responds to lifecycle events.
- LiveData – Build data objects that notify views when the underlying database changes.
- Navigation – Handle everything needed for in-app navigation.
- Room – Access your app’s SQLite database with in-app objects and compile-time checks.
- ViewModel – Store UI-related data that isn’t destroyed on app rotations. Easily schedule asynchronous tasks for optimal execution.
- WorkManager – Manage your Android background jobs.
- UI – Details on why and how to use UI Components in your apps – together or separate
- Third party
- Glide for image loading
- Kotlin Coroutines for managing background threads with simplified code and reducing needs for callbacks
- Hilt for dependencies injection
- Retrofit Type-safe HTTP client for Android
- EasyPermission is a wrapper library to simplify basic system permissions logic when targeting Android M or higher.
- CircleImageView a fast circular ImageView perfect for profile images.
Copyright 2017 The Android Open Source Project, Inc.
Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this file to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.