A powerful Minecraft Server Software coming from the future
Mirai is ❗under heavy development❗ and contributions are welcome!
- 30% faster hoppers over Paper.
- Improved entity performance from a reduction in ticking entity behavior based on how far away they are from the player.
- Reduced GC times & frequency from removing useless allocations, which also improves CPU performance.
- Reduced bandwidth consumption from avoiding sending useless entity packets.
- Fast raytracing which improves performance of any entity which utilizes line of sight, mainly Villagers.
- Built-in profiler which has 0 performance hit and easy to read metrics for both server owners and developers.
- Faster crafting, reduction in uselessly loaded chunks, entity ticking, block ticking, bat spawning…
- New NBT cache which reduces a lot of I/O operations from the main thread while preserving correct data.
- Pre-tweaked configuration files to reach optimal performance with minimal impact on normal behaviors.
- IP and login location hiding feature, which adds another security layer in the logs.
- Removed metrics, no one can collect data, not even us.
- Bugfixes for several Minecraft issues.
- Safer methods for Vanilla calls.
- Plugin compatibility with Spigot & Paper plugins.
The latest JAR file can be downloaded from the release/1.17 branch. You can also clone this repository and build it yourself.
If you are interested in making a fork, check out this template here!
If you want to avoid the patching system:
./gradlew clean applyPatches && ./gradlew build
Otherwise, in order to distribute, you need a paperclip file:
./gradlew clean applyPatches && ./gradlew paperclipJar
Patches are licensed under GPL-3.0.
All other files are licensed under MIT.