A simple Android project using modern Android development tools and libraries.
A movies app where the user can browse movies based on different categories, discover a movie’s ratings, plot, and many other attributes. The user also has the option to add the movie to a favorites tab.
This application is done with the model-view-viewmodel (MVVM) architecture.
Technologies and Libraries Used
- Livedata – Automatically updates the UI when data changes
- Recyclerview – Used for displaying items in a more efficient manner
- Fragments – Exposes the app’s UI
- ViewModel – Holds the data
- View Binding – Binds the data to the layouts in the xml
- Navigation – Navigate through the app using bottom navigation view
- Retrofit – Fetches the data from the REST API
- Room – Holds the favorite movies data
- Coroutines – Used to access the API and the local database under the hood
- Dependency Injection using Dagger-Hilt – Inject dependencies in the classes
The API used in this application is The Movie Database(TMDB) API